Thursday, June 29, 2006

Flower walk

I decided to take a walk around the yard, and look at flowers, both those intentionally planted, and those who chose to reside here for one reason or another.

Oh Petunia, you're such a pretty little enemy. So now what do I do? Destroy you, even though the butterflies like you? Work to keep you in check? Why can't you just behave?



Snapdragons shouldn't be blooming, or so they tell me. I hear they don't like our Florida summers, but this one is holding on just fine.


We planted Pentas to attract hummingbirds. I haven't seen any, but the butterflies visit several times a day.

I love Spiderwort. It surprises us all around the lawn. Even dear husband, who thinks anything you didn't plant yourself is a weed, doesn't like to mow them down.

A hibiscus flower that hasn't opened yet? No. Turk's Cap. So named because that's what is supposedly looks like. These are in the far northwest corner of our yard.


And finally our Crepe Myrtle tree is blooming. These are all over our neighborhood, as trees of various sizes, and seeing them is always a treat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment